- Prep (min) 10
- Cook (min) 8–10
- Free from
- Dairy (DF)
- Egg (EF)
- Gluten (GF)
- Nuts (NF)
- Peanut (PF)
- Soya (SF)
- Sesame (SeF)
- Shellfish (ShF)
- Fish (FF)
Blood'berry Puds & Custard!
No tricks, this is definitely a treat for Halloween! Remember to let a grown-up check every packet label for allergens (and traces of allergens) before you start.
180g Doves Farm gluten free self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
4 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp Sweet Freedom (4 tsp extra for the cups)
200ml dairy free milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp Bird's Custard Powder
500ml dairy free milk
1 tbsp Sweet Freedom (to make the web)
1. Take one grown-up and put them in charge. Then grease four coffee cups with sunflower oil and divide the blackberries into each one (keep one berry aside to be the 'spider'). Add a squirt of Sweet Freedom to each cup (approx 1 teaspoon).
2. In a bowl sift the gluten free flour and baking powder. Then add the sunflower oil, 2 tablespoons Sweet Freedom, dairy free milk, vanilla extract and mix together until smooth.
3. Spoon the mixture over the berry cups and zap in the microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, until the puds have risen and have a bit of a sticky top. BE CAREFUL the cups will be very hot. Leave to cool in the cups until you're ready to serve.
4. In a microwavable bowl mix the custard powder with a splash of dairy free milk to make a paste. Add the rest of the dairy free milk and stir until well combined.
5. Microwave the custard on high for 3 minutes, then stir. Continue to zap for a further 2 minutes. Once cooked, the custard will be as hot as molten lava, so let the grown-up pour it into a serving bowl to cool a little before adding the spiderweb!
6. To serve, carefully run a knife around the edge of each pud and tip out onto a tea plate. Swirl Sweet Freedom on top of the custard in a spiral to make the web.
7. Using a cocktail stick, drag one spike out from the centre of your spiral, then drag another spike into the centre, continue until your web is complete! Pop a 'spider' blackberry on top of the web and serve to spook your dinner guests! Mwah ha ha ha...